Monday, March 7, 2011

Laundry Day Already - 03/01/2011

So here in Malawi we are minus the luxury of washing machines and other things used to produce a good stain removing wash cycle. So the hands it is :) (Pics will come later). I just washed smoe of my clothes in a bucket for the first time eer. I been getting up around 5:30 for the past 2 days. I took a 1 1/2 mile hike up a mountain area and was able to see the entire village of Dezda. I've not taken many pictures as I've liked but the camera is charging as we speak. I really wish they would provide me wih the ability to purchase stamps so I can release my thoughts and send letters. The expectation has been a little skewed as with any such program. WE've been treated well but the disconnect and ability to have MK (Malawian Currency called Kwacha) to purchase stamps...well let's just say still no african dough and my American money is no good. Enough of all that for now...

Mailing Facts
To mail a 10 gram letter it is 140MK
To mail a post card takes 95MK